The University of Central Florida welcomes international students and recognizes that a diverse scholarly community contributes significantly to graduate education. The graduate application for admission is available online for your convenience. Before you begin the application, however, check your program's application deadlines and requirements in the Graduate Programs section of this website. Some programs require interviews, portfolios, or other materials that are not included in the online process.
UCF accepts only international students in good status with the U.S. Immigration and Naturalization Service (INS). Applicants seeking F or J visas should see the UCF International Services Center website (www.intl.ucf.edu) for additional information.
International students are admissible to master’s and doctoral degree programs. International students who hold an F or J visa are not admitted in nondegree status or to certificate programs (unless the student has been previously admitted to a degree program). Please Note: The College of Optics and Photonics requires that you fill out a pre-application form before you complete the online application for graduate admission. The College of Engineering and Computer Science encourages prospective students to pre-apply before completing the online application for graduate admission.
- Graduate Application for Admission (electronically signed and submitted by the applicant).
- A $30 nonrefundable application fee, paid with a credit card online or as a check or money order in U.S. currency drawn on a U.S. bank and made payable to the University of Central Florida, is required of all applicants for each application submitted.
- One official transcript (in a sealed envelope) showing a bachelor’s degree earned at a regionally accredited institution or from a recognized foreign institution, accompanied by an official certification of degree, with date awarded. If a student has attended more than one college or university, separate official transcripts must be submitted. For a list of documents and evaluation information required for your specific country please visit the Sample Country Requirements section of this website.
- The university conducts a complete assessment of all required credential documents (official transcripts and official certification of degree) submitted by the student, including the record of all academic course work. Excluding the Physical Therapy DPT program, all master's programs in the College of Business Administration and the Rosen College of Hospitality Management, and those master's programs that do not require an admissions test (GRE or GMAT), the university will evaluate all credentials for international students who have received their degree at a college or university outside of the United States. Additional information is available in the Transcripts and Evaluation section of this website.
- Graduate Record Examination (GRE) scores or General Management Admission Test (GMAT) scores for doctoral applicants and for those applying to master's programs that require an admissions test. These scores must be sent directly to UCF by the testing agency.
- Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) scores or International English Language Testing System (IELTS) scores sent directly to UCF, if an applicant is from a country where English is not the official language or when an applicant's degree is not from an accredited U.S. institution, or if an applicant did not earn a degree in a country where English is the only official language or from a university where English is the only official language of instruction.
- Recommendations, if required by the program (complete this section of the online application).
- Resume, essay, or other material, if required by the program (must be submitted as part of the online application).
- Immunization Form.*
Official application materials (or duplicate copies) should not be submitted directly to the graduate programs as it will delay the processing of the application. All official application materials, with the exception of test scores and transcripts must be submitted online. The UCF College of Graduate Studies must receive the application and all supporting documents by the stated application deadline. Applicants interested in being considered for university fellowships or assistantships should apply by the priority deadline and make sure that their application is complete, including all transcripts and other program application requirements.
* To expedite processing of materials, download and print the Immunization Form from the online application. Send the completed form to the address specified on the form. This form is not used in making an admission decision. However, you will not be allowed to enroll at UCF without submitting the Immunization Form.
Sample Country Requirements
For details on your country's required documents, included academic credentials and equivalency, please visit our Sample Country Requirements Page.
The information provided in the this page was created as a tool to help the student better prepare and understand the admissions requirements at our university. Only a select number of countries are listed, and document requirements, as well as equivalency information, may vary from institution to institution within a given country. As a result, we may require additional information depending on the particular institution and educational system.