Nondegree students are applicants who have completed at least a baccalaureate degree from a regionally accredited university in the United States and are not seeking a graduate degree. They may be taking courses for their own enrichment, for Florida certification for education, or to complete a UCF graduate certificate program. Students who are enrolled in a graduate program at another university and want to take courses at UCF and transfer it to their home institution are considered transient students and nondegree-seeking at UCF.
Please note that nondegree admission or admission to a graduate certificate program at UCF does not guarantee admission to graduate status in a degree program. International students are not eligible for nondegree status unless they hold an eligible visa. Students taking online courses from their home country are eligible to be nondegree seeking since they do not require a visa.
In general, nondegree-seeking students are not eligible for financial aid, assistantships, or fellowships, although it is best to check with the Office of Student Financial Assistance for specific details. Nondegree-seeking students must be enrolled in 12 credit hours or more to be considered in full-time status.
Nondegree, Certification, and Transient
Not all graduate degree programs accept nondegree students. Before you apply for admission as a nondegree student, contact the program director for the graduate program that offers the course you want to take. Ask if the program accepts nondegree students and if specific enrollment instructions apply for graduate-level courses.
- Graduate Application for Admission (electronically signed and submitted by the applicant).
- Residency Classification form (submit with online application).
- A $30 nonrefundable application fee is required of all applicants for each application submitted.
- One official transcript (in a sealed envelope) showing an earned bachelor's degree from a regionally accredited institution. For UCF students applying as nondegree seeking: You do not need to request transcripts of your UCF course work. The UCF College of Graduate Studies will request those transcripts internally.
- Immunization Form.*
The UCF College of Graduate Studies must receive the application and all supporting documents electronically by the stated application deadline.
* To expedite processing of materials, download and print the Immunization Form from the online application. Send the completed form to the address specified on the form. This form is not used in making an admission decision. However, you will not be allowed to enroll at UCF without submitting the Immunization Form.